Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-31-2023, 11:47 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - January

January 1

Psalm 91:1-2 “Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord; He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God and I trust him.”

James 3:2 2 We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.

“Be filled with the Spirit. Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Ephesians 5:19-20

6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. 7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 9 As it is written: “They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor; their righteousness endures forever.” 10 Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. 11 You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. 12 This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. 13 Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else. 14 And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. 15 Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! - 2 Corinthians 9:6-15

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12

'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.'" (Matthew 11:28-30 NIV)

Romans 15:13 – May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Revelation 1:8 – "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him. — Romans 4:8

Romans 8:28 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2024, 09:01 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 2

“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” Numbers 6:24-26

“If anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” (2 Corinthians 5:17).

MATTHEW 7:1-2 1 Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

“Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God. May Your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing.” Psalm 143:10

Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:5

Psalm 16:8 – I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Old 01-02-2024, 07:01 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 3

This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. — Psalm 118:24

Psalm 25:4-5 “Show me your ways, oh LORD, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.”

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:32

Isaiah 40:31 – But those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. — 1 Peter 1:13

Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Old 01-03-2024, 08:27 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 4

May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you. Psalm 33:22

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. — Romans 5:8

"The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning." - Lamentations 3:22-23

Romans 12:2 "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will."

Philippians 3:12-14 – Not that I have already obtained this or have already reached the goal; but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Beloved, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but this one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on towards the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:15a – And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts.

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." — Matthew 18:20
Old 01-04-2024, 10:20 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 5

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

2 Peter 1:3 3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

1 John 2:15-17 15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

Psalm 119:33-34 33 Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees, that I may follow it to the end. 34 Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law and obey it with all my heart.

Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. — Deuteronomy 5:33

Micah 6:8 “He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”
Old 01-05-2024, 10:30 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 6

Isaiah 58:11 11 The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.

“If we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us”. 1 John 4:12

2 Peter 1:5-7 – Make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Philippians 4:8 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Lamentations 3:22-23 22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
Old 01-06-2024, 11:04 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 7

James 1:2-3 “Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.”

“The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.” Psalm 28:7

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Hebrews 4:15

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Old 01-07-2024, 08:46 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 8

The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Psalm 9:9

1 Thessalonians 5:5-6 5 You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6 So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober.

John 8:12 – When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Matthew 5:14a,16 – You are the light of the world. Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

1 John 1:7 – If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
Old 01-08-2024, 09:56 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 9

Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21 NLT

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

Proverbs 17:17 – A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.

2 Corinthians 5:17 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Romans 6:17-18 17 But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance. 18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Hebrews 13:5 5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. —Joshua 1:8

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. — Ephesians 3:16-17

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Old 01-09-2024, 09:11 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 10

JAMES 4:7 7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Timothy 1:17

Galatians 5:14 "The entire law is summed up in a single command: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. — Genesis 1:27
Old 01-10-2024, 10:31 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 11

The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

Luke 11:9-10 – So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! — Psalm 139:17
Old 01-11-2024, 10:03 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 12

24 Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24

Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. — Psalm 145:3

Romans 13:9 The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Psalm 118:5-6 “When hard pressed, I cried to the LORD; he brought me into a spacious place. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”
Old 01-12-2024, 11:06 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 13

James 1:12 – Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

1 John 4:7 NIV Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

“Let all the world look to me for salvation! For I am God; there is no other” (Isaiah 45:22).

All who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. Romans 8:14

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8 NIV

Ephesians 4:29 (NIV) Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen

Thought: "God, please give me the right words at the right time. Amen."

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

Matthew 22:37-39 – You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Psalm 100:2 – Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.

Philippians 4:13 NIV I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Old 01-13-2024, 09:48 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 14

MATTHEW 6:19-20 19 Don't store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal.

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12

Matthew 5:44 – But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!

Hebrews 4:12 12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

John 1:5 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
Old 01-14-2024, 10:21 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 15

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12

Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Romans 12:15

Matthew 5:7 – God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. — James 1:17

Deuteronomy 31:6 6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

1 John 4:20-21 “Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.”
Post New ThreadReply