Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2019, 08:22 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Give The Glory To God

Give The Glory To God by Seek Ye First the Kingdom

You may have heard this one before, but the message is worth hearing again.

A man is is late for an important meeting and arrives at his destination to find the parking lot completely full. He drives around a parking lot looking for a place to park and cannot find one. He finally decides to ask God for help and prays, “Dear lord please help me find a parking spot, and I will go to church every Sunday.” Just as he says “Amen,” a car pulls out opening a parking space right in front of him. Then he says. “Never mind God, I found one myself.”

How often does something similar happen to us. It may not be us specifically asking for help, but we may be experiencing success in our life, or things are just going well. Do we stop and thank God for these things, or do we credit ourselves for our intelligence, discipline, business savvy, or skill with people.

In the old testament, Moses told the Israelites before they entered the “Promised Land.” In Deuteronomy 8:14, “Do not become proud at that time and forget the Lord your God, who rescued you from slavery in the land of Egypt.” then in verses 17-18 “He did all this so you would never say to yourself, ‘I have achieved this wealth with my own strength and energy.’ Remember the Lord your God. He is the one who gives you power to be successful, in order to fulfill the covenant he confirmed to your ancestors with an oath.”

Dear Lord, We thank you for the good things you have done in our lives, and we also thank you that you have given us challenges that make us stronger. Mostly we thank you that you have saved us, through Jesus Christ, and we have nothing to fear. You are always there for us. Help us remember to give You the glory for the success and joy in our lives. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply